Why choose to hire DevOps agency?
It's extremely convenient to outsource individual experts or even entire teams to IT companies. They are not only qualified but also equipped with the necessary technology. All you need to do is communicate the specifics of your project and collaborate throughout the process.
At SoftKraft we provide DevOps consulting services. Prior to beginning work, we gather the DevOps project requirements and agree on the desired workflow. Once the team is assembled, we present CVs, invite you to a final interview, and seamlessly integrate them into your ongoing project. As a result, you can complete your work without having to recruit experts.
- Engage quality tech professionals We are driven by 15+ years of experience in IT staff augmentation and engineering software solutions.
- Fast process: CVs within 3 days Time and cost savings - receive first CVs of our specialists and start interviewing candidates.
- Risk-free 2 weeks trial To get rid of any doubts, check the quality of your team with no obligation to pay with 2-weeks trial.
What DevOps team competencies do you need?
When employing DevOps engineers, it is critical to clearly define the job obligations and distinguish between requirements and preferences. Don't write job descriptions like unicorns! Some companies need a DevOps engineer that is fluent in a specific language, while others want a DevOps who is fluent in cloud technologies like AWS or Azure. The first step is to define the position's responsibilities and qualifications as needed:
- Application and infrastructure planning, testing and development The DevOps engineer's job is to meet business demands. DevOps examines the cloud's individual functions and writes code to scale them. To do it, one must be able to write code in multiple languages. They must also be adept at testing and planning (integrations and additions across many systems).
- Maintaining CI/CD pipelines DevOps engineers build CI/CD pipelines and ensure that all processes, people, and tools work together. They can spot flaws and optimize the pipeline in real time. A good DevOps engineer can keep testing without slowing down the team.
- Automation implementation Automation is why companies hire DevOps engineers. DevOps are in charge of implementing it and improving engineering and IT efficiency. As a result, firms can focus on more strategic tasks
- Ensuring security DevOps engineers’ job is to support the users of the infrastructure they develop. The best way to ensure safety is to start with reliable software. A DevOps engineer should be able to write secure code that protects the cloud from hackers and viruses.
- Ongoing monitoring Data collection and understanding how to act effectively on it are critical for any organization. DevOps engineers monitor their apps and infrastructure to identify blind spots, monitor them, and troubleshoot issues.
What to check when you hire DevOps engineers?
While every organization's needs are unique, many recruiters and hiring managers look for certain skills in DevOps engineer candidates. Knowing which skills and qualifications are required and which are preferred can assist you in selecting the best candidates.
A well-rounded set of DevOps skills and competencies sets apart successful teams from those that fail. Every team must be proficient in all 12 DASA competencies. Everyone must be ‘competent' in DevOps ideas and practices. No one needs to be a ‘expert' in all areas, as long as the team covers all of them.
- Infrastructure Engineering is a core DevOps skill. This relates to DevOps professional skills like monitoring, performance management, capacity and availability management, reliability engineering, cloud, containerization.
- Security, Risk, and Compliance Top DevOps engineers understand the risks associated with not just the technology but also have a solid understanding of the functionality being created and business needs.
- Continuous Delivery is a critical area of knowledge for DevOps developers. It relates to the technology used to automate the delivery of new code via a well-designed "pipeline" from development to production, but also, and perhaps more importantly, to the conceptual understanding of the process for which the technology is used. Developing Continuous Integration requires understanding of the entire IT delivery process, from development, through a Continuous Integration environment, to production.
- Programming - Hire DevOps engineers that can support software developers and cloud computing services. Enterprise DevOps skills report shows that the absence of software engineering capabilities in DevOps developer is one of the primary reasons why many development teams struggle with DevOps specialist.
- Testing fundamentals - Methods like Test Driven Development emphasize the need of defining tests first before writing code. The team may develop automated testing for each modification to the IT service by combining the other three knowledge areas.
- Business Analysis Hire DevOps developers who are capable of estimating the impact of an improvement on both the business process and the IT systems that support it. It must into account functional and non-functional requirements, as well as long-term business process development. The DevOps team must be able to conduct a detailed business analysis so that the solution implemented is effective in terms of functionality, cost, and lead time.
- Business Value Optimization is the knowledge area in which IT uses its business knowledge to help find the changes that bring the most value to the business parties it serves. Hire DevOps engineers that are willing to build a depth understanding of the business processes supported by their IT services.
- Systems architecture & design knowledge are critical for all DevOps engineers, as each team must be able to assess the impact of changes to both its own technology stack and the technology stacks of any connected IT services.
- Courage is the capacity to act, to take a risk and try something while also recognizing and mitigating the risks. Much of DevOps is new territory and will remain so for the foreseeable future. While the DevOps way of working will eventually become the norm, DevOps engineers will still need the confidence to take the next step.
- Team Building is a vital skill for ensuring that the diverse DevOps engineers with their disparate backgrounds work effectively together. At its core, it is about understanding other people’s perspectives, collaboration, mutual accountability, shared purpose, and the ability to support the service/product holistically.
- DevOps leadership is one of the necessary elements for a DevOps adoption to be successful. Most of the time, we confuse management with leadership. DevOps engineers must be encouraged to lead DevOps initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement is the best strategy to deliver better quality. This requires both a problem-solving mindset and the ability to address problems systematically.
What are the key characteristics of a successful DevOps team?
DevOps engineers definition of "success" should always factor in DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) metrics:
- Deployment frequency - How often product teams can successfully make releases to production
- Lead time for changes - The amount of time it takes for a software developers change to get into production
- Change failure rate - The percentage of deployments that cause a failure in production release
- Time to restore service - How long it takes an organization to recover from a failure in production release
In addition to these metrics specified by DORA, a well-rounded set of DevOps soft skills and competencies sets apart successful teams from those that fail:
- Balanced team - Every DevOps team must be proficient in all 12 DASA competencies. DevOps engineers must be ‘competent' in DevOps ideas and practices. No one needs to be an ‘expert' in all areas, as long as the team covers all of them.
- Extreme ownership - By having team members accept ownership, cross-functional participants will know who to ask questions, and how to make decisions related to projects owned by the team.
- Focus on delivering value - There is a shared understanding of the requirements and business value among development and operations teams. DevOps team needs north stars that guide which tasks to tackle in order to move projects to release.
- Proof-of-concepts - A Proof of Concept enables DevOps developers to evaluate tools and processes prior to embarking on a comprehensive transformation. This helps the team constantly iterate and improve.
What are the different types of DevOps agency services?
There are three types of DevOps agency services:
1. DevOps as a Service - DevOps launch consulting
DevOps as a Service is a software delivery model that facilitates cooperation between the development team and the operations team of an organization. DevOps consulting companies implement DevOps tools that cover cloud computing, continuous deployment, and infrastructure automation. The principal objective is implementing effective release management practices.
- Assessment and Planning - DevOps consultants create a roadmap to visualize the desired DevOps solutions and identify the steps to build a secure and efficient cloud operating culture for your teams.
- Pilot Framework Creation - Our DevOps consulting provides you with implementation blueprints based on the Five Pillars of AWS Well-Architected framework and architect a perfect DevOps platform.
2. Infrastructure Automation DevOps project
Infrastructure automation has a crucial role in eliminating manual errors while reducing dependency on humans to improve cloud security and infrastructure management. Moreover, DevOps consulting brings infrastructure automation to the entire CI/CD pipeline, and therefore software development life cycle.
Top DevOps consulting companies automize each and every aspect of the infrastructure provisioning, including build, provisioning, automated tests, deployment, performance testing, and infrastructure monitoring.
3. End-to-end DevOps Culture implementation
DevOps consulting services can help you adopt DevOps Culture and bring innovation into software development and operations. DevOps consulting companies address cultural issues around collaboration and support and coach teams whose roles and responsibilities are affected by the DevOps transformation.