When you need an external CTO?
CTO as a Service For Startups
Do you need someone to help you meet with investors, to help you evaluate vendors, to help you create product design, engineering roadmap, and maybe to even help code your first app? Have you developed your first app using low-cost developers, and now you realize that the design is inadequate for the next stage of your product?
CTO as a Service For Business
Is your company growing fast? Are you overwhelmed by responsibilities? If you are also missing a technical co-founder, probably you need support in technological matters to consult. Ensure smooth transitioning in the early stages and replace redundant practices with a more consistent and scalable process.
What is CTO responsible for?
CTO services and their responsibilities vary from company to company due to the fact that the job title usually means different things in all companies. The expectations of never the same because all the companies possess varying goals:
Validating business idea
In the initial, pre-seed stage, startups are building product prototype. CTO often works with UX designers for designing prototypes at this stage by giving their technical assistance throughout the process. CTO works with the engineering team to ensure the most reliable development practices for developing the core product.
- Design and develop our core product prototypes during product discovery phase
- Rapidly iterate and test prototypes by collecting client feedback often using Google’s Design Sprint Kit
CTO consulting combines technical and business knowledge to drive organizational transformation by implementing technology like AI solutions, business processes automation, robotization, and much more.
CTO can assist a company with such tech solutions selection:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the current tech stack
- Select the most cost-efficient and effective tech stack
- Plan integrations with external services
Failing to plan is planning to fail. Software development planning is an important part of starting any new software initiative. It serves as a roadmap that shows the project phases, and their start and end dates, and dependencies.
External CTO can help you with:
- Improving the development processes and project outputs
- Creating a development roadmap and prioritizing the features
- Estimating budgets and timelines
Learn more Starting a Software Project — Complete Guide to Project Planning
There comes a time in the development of a startup when the need for scaling becomes obvious. Hiring is a constant challenge for most organizations regardless of size, industry, or geography. Here an experienced CTO will help you:
- Enable better scaling by setting clear boundaries on software modules i.e. with SOA
- Help you with hiring A Players as well as generalists - dynamic software engineers who will enable you to move fast
- Help you nurture software development leaders within your organization
A CTO is valuable to your business as they are not just senior developers or technical experts, but someone who brings in a broad range of skills, knowledge, and experience. They perform business analysis and can simplify technical details during funding rounds.
Most startups hire CTOs as a service to pitch business ideas and products to investors. They can help you visualize your business ideas and educate investors on the technical details and what is in it for them.
As part of external CTO service we help:
- preparing a tech pitch deck
- explaining the technical value of your idea or product to investors
- providing answers to any technical questions asked by investors
- proving that the team possesses technical capabilities and deep expertise
Learn more about CTO Services for Startups
Maintaining quality and product reliability might demand that you conduct an audit with an external CTO. That way, you will have an unbiased perspective about your business performance.
During the project audit session, a CTO can help with:
- assessing your code quality
- verifying team productivity
- project quality and assessment of functionality
- evaluating the effectiveness of the remote team
- compiling a recommendation list on improvements